Online Dispensary in Canada: Which One Should You Choose – Sativa Or Indica Strains?
After Canada became the second country in the world to legalize both the medical and recreational use of marijuana, many people who were earlier hesitant came forward to give it a shot. However, when you visit an online dispensary in Canada as a beginner, it can be an overwhelming experience. You begin to realize that things are not as easy as they seem. There are so many different varieties and strains to choose from that you can feel like a lost child. If you look closer, you will see that some of the cannabis flowers are marked as sativa, indica, and hybrid strains. So, what do these mean and how useful are they for the medical and industrial use? Let’s take a closer look at what’s offered on these Canadian dispensaries.
Well, the pure indica and sativa strains are the two major strains, but the hybrids comprising of a mix of these two species are also popular. The different types of cannabis strains vary a lot in terms of their taste, smell, appearance, and effects. Besides choosing the right strain, you will also need to consider the quality and freshness of weed. In this post, we will help you identify which strain suits you best and review the characteristics of high-quality marijuana to get the best possible experience. You can be assured of one thing that you will get the highest quality strains from an authentic Canadian online dispensary.
Sativa, Indica, And Hybrid Weed
With the legalization of cannabis in Canada, the prohibition upon the distribution and sale has been lifted opening new avenues, opportunities and market. As the industry slowly comes out of the black market, a plethora of exciting new strains and products are beginning to flood the online dispensaries. With so many choices available, it can become difficult to determine which product is more suitable for you. Hence, we have done a quick review of the various types of cannabis strains available, their benefits and effects.
In the eastern culture, cannabis plants were used for several centuries however, the western world only discovered its benefits in the 1700s when a botanist Carl Linnaeus conducted a study of Cannabis plant an its properties.
As per their biological traits, the Cannabis sativa plants can grow strong and tall up to 20 feet. They tend to have slender leaves and fibrous stems, while the sativa buds are distributed sparingly as compared to the indicas. These plants are mostly found in Colombia, Mexico, and Southeast Asia.
Their Effects And Benefits
The herb enthusiast mostly like the purebred sativas to enjoy an energetic high resulting in a feeling of creativity and alertness. This sativa gives you a kind of cerebral rush that helps in making the strains more suitable for use during the daytime. Please bear in mind that these terpene profiles will impact the effects and flavor of each strain. As per the medical practitioners, the sativa strains are more suitable for those who are looking for uplifting effects and they can be used for treating conditions such as:
- Fatigue: Studies in Canada have shown that cannabinoids such as THC works on the endocannabinoid system to quickly boost the metabolism and energy levels.
- Depression: Studies show that cannabinoids found in Cannabis sativa can have a certain degree of antidepressant effect on individuals.
- ADHD: Certain studies have also shown that the use of cannabis strains can also help in alleviating the ADHD symptoms in adults.
- Glaucoma: A research report published in a journal in the UK, shows that cannabinoids from sativa plants can also reduce the pressure on glaucoma.
Sativa Strains Popular In Canada
If you are looking to get sativa strains from an online dispensary operating in Canada, then you will find many options to choose from. Here are some of the most popular strains:
- Trainwreck: Made of 90% sativa genetics, the Trainwreck is a powerful blend comprising of Thai and Mexican sativa strains
- Durban Poison: A pure sativa strain that originates from the city of Durban and you can find it in any online Canadian dispensary.
Sour Diesel: This is a lemon-flavored terpene that constitutes of 90 percent of sativa genetics to create an uplifting experience.
- Maui Wowie: This is a classic sativa strain that comes from Hawaii and it became popular for its fruity taste and energetic effect
- Acapulco Gold: This is a much popular cannabis variety and the sativa landrace strain is mainly grown in the mountains of Guerrero in Mexico
This indica dominant strains mainly originated from the Asian or Afghanistan subcontinent, and the plants reached the western countries when a French biologist noticed that they were much different from their sativa counterparts. Their biological traits include short and bushy plants with dense flowers and dark green leaves that grow 3 or 4 feet tall. These plants are native to the cooler climates and they have shorter growing seasons.
Their Effects And Advantages
This indica strain is one of the best-selling strains in the industry and famous for creating a relaxed body buzz, which is often known as the ‘couch-lock effect’. People who feel overly energy and hyper tensed all the time can benefit from its use. It is mostly suitable for nighttime use to bring about good sleep. The medical marijuana patients benefit from indica species for several conditions such as the following:
- Insomnia: Study published in a medicine journal showed that the medical cannabis patients benefited more from the use of indica varieties
- Chronic pain: Studies show that indica strain can be useful in reducing chronic and ongoing pain conditions
- Anxiety: Another clinical research shows that this strain has anxiolytic effects that can significantly reduce the anxiety symptoms
- Appetite stimulation: A 2002 report revealed that THC helped in increasing the appetite in both humans and animals
Some Indica Strains Popular In Canada
If that encourages you to use the indica strains then consider getting those you find online in Canada. Some of the strains popular when ordering from an online dispensaries are as follows:
Gas Indica: Named so for its diesel finish, this is a pure indica strain that creates a sense of relaxation
- Master Kush: As a 90 percent indica-dominant strain with high-THC, it gives you a relaxing effect
- Northern Lights: This pure indica strain has Thai and Afghani orgins. It is a widely popular strain
- Blueberry: A popular indica-dominant strain which won the cannabis cup award in 2000 for the best indica strain
While both the sativa and indica strains are popular, it depends on you which one you wish to use depending on your medical and recreational requirements. Just make sure that you always get your strains from a reliable source in Canada. While there are many online dispensaries, please bear in mind that the law and regulation about cannabis distribution varies slightly in different providences throughout Canada.